Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nate - 3 Months

Dear Nate-

3 Months!  Another incredible month with you!  You continue to be an amazingly wonderful little guy. 

We have spent many hours "talking" this month.  You have started cooing and blowing little raspberry bubbles.  You also work up a little giggle when I sit you on  my thighs facing me and bounce you while singing.  I love that laugh and seeing your face light up just because mommy is playing with you.


Tummy time has become much easier this month.  Out of nowhere you randomly started lifting your head up and holding it there for long periods of time...and you were happy about it.  Weird, but I'll take it.  You also rolled from belly to back a few times, but it hasn't happened consistently so we will wait to chalk that up as a skill you have learned.

You have discovered your hands and can get them into your mouth.  I forgot how loud a baby can be when sucking on their fists!  You are working on batting objects and can sometimes get them.  You were trying to bat at a ring of toys while on your mat the other day and I went to the kitchen for a minute.  When I came back you had your arm up with your hand around that ring and looked at me like "now what to I do?".  Adorable.


The month of May was pretty quiet for visitors.  Grandma Anne was here for a short visit and I think that is it.  However, we have been out and about a lot with other mommy/baby friends in the area.  The weather has been beautiful and we have also spent a lot of time outside.  My favorite moments are you and I on the porch swing, swinging and singing and enjoying the sweet, simple moments. 

One of my very favorite moments this past month was a random night that Daddy was out late so it was just you, Noelle, and I at home.  You and I were sleeping in my bed (you sleep next to me every night) and there was a very loud crack of thunder that woke your sister.  I went to her room and brought her back in with us and there we all were.  I couldn't sleep because I wasn't comfortable, but laying in between my two babies was the best feeling in the whole world. 


Your sleep pattern has stayed the same - up at 2, then 5, then every hour until we get out of bed (7 or 8).  I'm ready to get more than a 3 hour block of sleep so any time you are ready to go a little longer, that would be great!


Well Buddy, another month has flown by.  I can't wait to see more of that darling personality come to life.  I'm particularly excited for the day that you can play with Noelle because she is so excited to simply be by you, it will be amazing to see you interacting even more.



3 Month Stats:
Wearing 6 month clothing, not sure on weight and height.  Next Dr. appointment is in a month so we shall see!
 
Loves:
Mom, Dad, Noelle, eating, cuddles, faces, kisses, your hands
 
Dislikes:
Eating delays...you go from content to starving in 5 seconds
 
Love you so much-
Mama
 

(you are in a post-eating milk coma in this picture)

 


 


No comments: