Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nate - 2 Months


Dear Nate-

Here were are, already at 2 months old!  Time is flying by and it has all been so very enjoyable.  You are the dream baby I prayed for.  You rarely fuss and are perfectly content hanging out with me in any capacity.  Target?  Sure!  Taking a walk?  Sure!  Swinging on our porch?  Sounds great!  As long as you are fed (which is often) and with me, you are happy. 

On the topic of your eating - you are definitely a good eater.  I have your stats below, but basically, you went from the 30th percentile for weight at birth to the 70th at 2 months.  This is likely the reason I am back in my pre-pregnancy jeans already and hungry all the time!  I love your little leg rolls and your multiple chins.  Your full Buddha belly cracks me up every time I undress you.  Really, is there anything cuter than a chunky baby? 

Your personality is starting to show.  You are such a smiley little guy.  When we wake up in the morning and after you have eaten, there are huge, open-mouth smiles for anyone who looks at you.  You love eye contact and when people touch your cheeks.  Your belly and feet are ticklish and you squirm and smile when I touch them.  But those smiles, they melt me.  You also have a little dimple on your right cheek that occasionally shows itself while you are smiling.  It's elusive and I cannot get it on camera, but it's there.  I hope it stays!  Other things that make you smile - your sister (you LOVE her), a little bunny on this swing thing we put you in, and a book with bold pictures of animals.  Sometimes you just lay down and smile for no reason that I can see. 

You also do an excited kicking and batting of your arms with a deep breath in when you are really happy.  You sound like you are choking yourself, but it is really just a happy sound.  You do this mostly when I am looking directly at you and talking.  It's your conversation back to me :)

You are a good sleeper as well.  Typically you eat around 8 or 9 and then are down until 2, eat again, and sleep until 5, eat again, then you are up every hour or so.  You would love to get up for the day at 5, as you are smiley and ready to go by then, but I just put you next to me in the bed and we can typically stay there and get some additional sleep until 7 AM.  Then we get up to play with Noelle and get her day going.  I'm not sure how all of this will play out when I have to be up and getting ready for work as it is difficult to manage you both and I just have to get Noelle fed and dressed and ready for school so Daddy can take her.  I know we will figure it out though, just like we adjusted when Noelle came along.
 

Since I last posted we have had a few visitors.  We had Auntie Lindsay and Aunt Kellie in town, as well as Gaga, Gigi, Aunt Donna and Grandma.  All of them comment on what a good baby you are.   Please always be my sweet boy with big smiles, OK?

Other things I don't want to forget - how your little mouth feels when you are hungry and you brush against my face, hoping that my nose will miraculously give you milk;  how when you wake in the night that you just fuss around and fight your swaddle but then when I unwrap you - you expect food, stat;   they way you follow Noelle with your eyes whenever you hear her; the way you follow me and will turn your head as far as you can to find me in a room; how you fight me swaddling you when you are tired but then as soon as I get you in there, you are sound asleep (except for the times when I think I have a couple hours of freedom only to look down at you and see your eyes open and that big grin); the softness of you; and your randomly long chunk of hair at the back of your head. 

The past two months have been a dream.  I am so excited to watch you grow and get to know you even more.  You truly have completed our family and we are so lucky to have you. 



2 Month Stats:
12 pounds, 14 ounces (70th percentile); 24 inches (70th percentile); wearing 3 month clothing but moving to 6 in some things!

Loves:
Mom, eating, cuddles, faces, Noelle

Dislikes:
Tummy time, waiting more than 15 seconds to eat

Love you-
Mom

 


PS  - Sorry I missed the 1 month post.  You were much the same as you were at one week.  At the time when I should have been writing this, Noelle was home with a bad cough and a nasty stomach bug that lasted an entire week.  I was holed up with you in a room upstairs, over analyzing every sneeze or deep breath you took, while Daddy took excellent care of Noelle.  You and I made it through with no sickness and Daddy just caught a bit of the cough.  Stressful, indeed, but we made it through with only 38 calls to the pedi (nearly).









No comments: