Sunday, January 24, 2010

My new BFF

Being a crappy, rainy day in Chicago today, I decided to try and whittle down my list of "to-do's" which seems to be passing a full page at this point. One item on my list was to have an eye exam...and so today, I went.

My optometrist was an attractive woman in her early 30's and was very nice and conversational during the exam. After the exam was over as I was gathering my coat, etc, she started a conversation that went something like the following:

Her: "What are you up to today?"
Me: "Just running errands, checking things off my list."
Her: "Right. So where are you heading after this?"
Me: "Target"
Her: "Which one? Elston or down on Roosevelt?"
Me: "Umm.. Elston"
Her: "And then what? Are you going somewhere else?"
Me (at this point I'm not sure what is happening): "Prob the grocery store.."
Her: "That's terrible on Sundays. Are you doing anything else? Something fun?"

So this went on for a bit and then she seemed to run out of questions and I paid and left. Now, she wasn't odd or anything and part of me wonders if maybe she is new in town and looking for some friends? I would have gladly been her friend if that is the case. Otherwise, I'm not sure what was happening. I'm waiting for my facebook friend invite.

No comments: