Thursday, December 16, 2010

Two Weeks (plus 1 day!)



A day late on this one! My mom and Nick left today so I was trying to soak up as much time as possible with them yesterday and made peace with my lack of posting on time.


Week two has been much better than week one...and week one wasn't even bad! Cassidy and I are more confident in our skills and don't worry as much about accidentally killing the baby. I am not yet totally comfortable leaving her to sleep in a room on her own for naps (bedtime in her own room is at least a month away). I like to periodically look at her to make sure she is breathing and that is hard to do when she is all the way upstairs. I have heard this gets better, but until then Noelle is pretty much stuck with me.

Noelle also had her first real bath and she seemed to like it. If she is anything like her mother, she will soon love bath time! She also had a perfect two week checkup - she has grown an inch since birth and is up to 8 pounds, 2 ounces! The weight gain was not a shock. Noelle is quite the eater and at times she goes from sleeping to "FEED ME NOW!" in about 2 seconds flat. Other times she has a 5 minute stretching/yawning routine that is absolutely hysterical. She has mastered following things with her eyes and really loves to look at the Christmas tree lights, TV, and people's faces (especially mama's!).


As for me, I am doing really well. I am back to feeling 100% and actually have a lot of energy sans napping. As for the baby weight - I gained 45 pounds total and have lost 25 so far. I am pretty happy with progress and know that things will happen quicker once the goodies that my mom has stashed in the house are gone! I was lucky not to have suffered from the "baby blues" but as of today am a bit down because my mom has left. It's not only the help I will miss, but just her company. Something about having "mom" around always makes things better and brighter and it is hard with her living so far away and not knowing when we will next see her.

Can't wait to see what week three has in store for us!

No comments: