Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day in Chicago

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day or the onslaught of heart-shaped chocolate boxes that line the aisles of seemingly everywhere this time of year. So when Cassidy said that he would like to go do something fun during the day followed by him making me a dinner at home, I was thrilled!

So Saturday we headed to Adler Planetarium. I'm a super dork because I love all things related to space, stars, black holes, etc. Since I have a membership (again, super dork) we decided to watch two shows and take a quick spin through the exhibits. However, as much as I enjoy the planetarium itself, the view from out there is second to none in Chicago.


And then I was that girl hanging out the car window and taking pictures. It's fun to play tourist in your own city sometimes!


Afterwards we headed home so he could get to making some good eats. He tried out something new...and I LOVED it, I don't think he was a fan though. Black bean & pineapple enchiladas anyone? Super good with both sweet & salty in one fabulous dish!

All in all, it was a perfect weekend of quality time and relaxation after a couple of weeks which weren't all that great. I'm hoping it's a precursor to the week ahead.

No comments: