Thursday, June 14, 2007

Brussels, Belgium... RIP

Well I took my chance on Ryan Air and their ridiculously low cost flights and bought a flight to Brussels. I figured Cass was already there for work and I could go join him and together we could enjoy some waffles, beer, and chocolates.

However, it was not to be... I have just received (ok, not received, sought out) information that my flight is cancelled due to a strike at the airport I was to arrive at in Brussels. They don't make it easy for you to find this information, but I called their "hotline" that charged like $1/minute and confirmed. They tell me I'll receive a refund, but I'm not sure that will actually happen. We shall see...

I am heading out to the grocery and buying myself some beer and chocolates. The Spanish don't believe in typical American breakfast food so I might substitute more chocolate for the waffles.

Send Eggos,
Amanda

No comments: